Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Laughter




Laughter is the topic for this week at GBE2





I thought I would pen down my thoughts on laughter through some quotes that got me nodding in agreement. So here they are:

At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities 
~ Jean Houston
If you believe in collective consciousness then this idea will resonate with you. When we all laugh, we create higher levels of positive energy, which in turn raises the spiritual levels of the Universe - my belief anyway - so your laughter is beneficial to everyone.


Everybody laughs the same in every language because laughter is a universal connection 
~ Yakov Smirnoff
I often encounter this on my travels. Even if language becomes a barrier, laughter is truly universal. Even a smile makes a connection.


I'm happy that I have brought laughter because I have been shown by many the value of it in so many lives, in so many ways.
~ Lucille Ball
Lucille Ball is one of my favourite actors. Her "I Love Lucy" series is a favourite in my house. Each night we watch a Lucy episode - highly recommended to end the day on a happy note.


I have observed over the years that people gravitate more towards happy people who smile and laugh a lot. And because laughter should be shared, here are some clips that are my favourite.






Sending a virtual smile and laugh your way.

Warm Regards
Photobucket

Linking to

10 comments:

  1. Oh how I loved those Lucy shows. I saw them all several times. They were also my very favorites and of course Laurel and Hardy, favorites too. They could me laugh and happy. thank you for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lucy, too!

    So glad to have you in the GBE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Riet and Beth. Lucy is awesome. I have requested to join the GBE group on facebook too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was one of my favorite episodes of Lucy! And you're right...laughter is a universal connection...sometimes we just need to be reminded of that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Susan and thanks for linking up with me on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had more good laughs with passengers who spoke languages I couldn't understand. I love the pantomime, the eye twinkle and the belly laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You included two of my favorites here, but where are the Three Stooges? Controversial, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent entry, loved how you embraced and let loose! Marc :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the Smirnoff quote... and his vodka *wink* Nice post and your point about laughter and smiles being universal is very true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kelly - my maternal grandmother and I communicated with smiles, laughs and pantomime as we spoke different languages. I wish I had learned hers. Thanks so much for following me. I'm following you too.
    @Mike - my son said the same to me - where are the 3 stooges - I loved the haunted house episode with the moving skull.
    @Marc - thanks. loved your post on the topic too.
    @Mojo Writin' - thanks. loved your post too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection