Thursday, February 7, 2013

What's your song?

I have the privilege of hosting this week's prompt for The Writer's Post


pic from Google search

I truly believe that the Universe communicates with us in many different ways.

I often get answers through a post on someone's blog or on facebook. But more often than not, I get these messages from songs.

And the one song that I always hear when I am troubled or need an answer is ... Let it be by The Beatles.

This song constantly inspires me and helps me move on in difficult times. I'm sure it has a spiritual meaning for me as it plays whenever I need to "Let it be"


About nine years ago, there was an incident at work that upset me hugely. It affected me so much that I could not concentrate on my work all day. I didn't know what to do or how to get myself back on track. I had a fantastic manager who dealt with the incident very promptly but still I couldn't get my mind off it.

That evening as I made my way home, the usual busker was singing at the railway station and as I passed him, the words "Let it be, let it be, let it be, oh let it be. Whisper words of wisdom, let it be" floated past. I had to smile, it was so apt and just what I needed to hear.

Another incident took place a couple of years ago. My project was going live and my team was having trouble installing the application. After spending a whole day trying to work it out, we decided to sleep on it. I was quite worried as this was a major and important implementation.

I did not sleep well that night but the next morning I woke up to the sound of music and the song - Let it Be - just what I needed to hear. We got the answers that day and managed to install it all successfully.

Often when the Universe needs me to let it be, the song just comes to mind. I have now learned that when things trouble me and I just can't get the answers immediately, the best thing I can do is to let it be. As the song says ... There will be an answer, let it be.

I have learned to have that faith and to trust that when the time is right, the answers will come. Fate or Destiny has a mind of it's own and all things happen in Divine timing. So in the meantime it's best to:

Go with the flow, be Zen, and Let it go (or Let it be) - my own and favourite mantra

So, do songs speak to you or do you have a song that has a special meaning for you?

Please share and link up on this blog hop.

Sharing "Let it be". Enjoy the song, it's one of my favourite and the lyrics are just great.

Let it be - youtube


Have a super day

Warm Regards
Photobucket

36 comments:

  1. There are certain songs that speak to me. Wonderful post!! Thanks for hosting this week's hop!!

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn. It's my pleasure to host and will look forward to reading all the posts.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy Unwritten by Natasha Beddingfield. I am also a fan of Take on Me and Come on Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take on me has a nice catchy tune. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Work it Out is my favorite Beatles song with meaning that I can "hear" when conflicts arise that need to be "worked out."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Beatles came up with some great numbers. We can work it out is a good song.

      Delete
  4. I love the prompt, Suzy. And the song of course, is a classic. I'm so glad it is 'your' song. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corinne. The song took on a whole new meaning for me the day I walked by that busker. So much wisdom in the song.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE THIS!

    One of my go-to inspirational songs is Daniel Nahmod's Everything New which is like an anthem to letting to and new beginnings. I listened to it over and over again during a particular time in my life and it was so comforting.

    http://www.myspace.com/danielnahmod/music/songs/everything-new-20721506

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. Glad you liked it and thanks for leaving the link - enjoyed the song.

      Delete
  6. I love that song!! Thank you so much for this post...I hadn't heard that song in quite awhile. It was great to be reminded of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. It's a great song and it never fails to inspire and comfort me.

      Delete
  7. I am betting that you too are an IT person. I completely relate to your post. One song that always is an inspiration to me is The Wood Song by the Indigo Girls, and Strong Enough by Matthew West.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I apologize my English sucked so bad in that comment. That is what I get for commenting and writing an implementation plan at the same time.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Tamra. Yes I work in IT. Thanks for sharing your songs and for visiting.

      Delete
  8. Perfect song to remind us that we are not in control, God is. If we surrender, the answers will come.
    Such inspiration, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. Yes, so true, God is in control of everything. I've learned that the long, hard way.

      Delete
  9. I love the Beatles and I also get answers or insights to things on my mind from songs at times.

    Thanks for hosting this blog. Your prompt came exactly when a particular song just kept on singing in my head :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne - the Beatles are one of my favourite bands. Loved your song.

      Delete
  10. That's interesting how that song kept appearing over and over again. So did you let it be?

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce, sure did - have to let it be otherwise you can't move on.

      Delete
  11. Thank you for reminding me of the best years of my life.. this song has and still does touches me.... chills... thank you... As always...XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie. Glad this brought back the good years. And as always our faith and trust will get us through the hard times. Love, hugs and Blessings to you.

      Delete
  12. Music is my life...thanks for reminding me. It's been gone too long!

    Great post!

    Susan Dusterhoft
    Today's Working Woman
    todaysworkingwoman25.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan - music is my life too. there are so many special songs that lift and inspire. Thanks for linking up.

      Delete
  13. Great post! I found it rather soothing. "Let It Be" is a song that speaks volumes. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adelia. Let it be holds a lot of wisdom.

      Delete
  14. Very wonderful! I love this song too <3

    http://danaemyangel.blogspot.com/2013/02/what-is-your-song.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great song and I often think of it myself when life gets a little crazy. Thank you for sharing.

    http://magicalmysticalmimi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magical Mystical MiMi. It's a good song to remember. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  16. Great prompy, Suzie - and the older I get, I find the answer to a lot of things is simply to 'Let it be'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula. Yes "Let it Be" is almost always a great answer and a very wise one too. It prevents a lot of pain.

      Delete
  17. Hi there! Catching up on the Writer's Post Hop. Thanks for hosting this week, your blog post was superb! The Beatles are actually part of my growung up life, I was about just out of High School when they started, I think! I know I spent my University years listening to them constantly, and Let it Be has to the best out there!
    Lovely tune and lovely post! Thanks you for writing such a heartfelt post! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I grew up with the Beatles too - having an older brother who played the Beatles constantly, one couldn't help love them. Wish you a great day too and thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection