Saturday, April 12, 2014

Life's Jigsaw - Karma

Life is like a jigsaw puzzle. Each little piece is an aspect of our journey through it. And when at last we find that last piece and fit it into place, we eventually see the meaning of this life.


UBC Day 12
The K Piece - Karma

When we live in a state of joy, we bring about good karma for how can joy create anything else? But what is karma?

Karma has been defined in many ways:
cause and effect
payment of debts (debits)
receipt of debts owed (credits)
what goes around comes around
you reap what you sow
Karma is definitely all of those things. But these are all things we think of in our human, earthly tangible way. Somehow I can't help thinking there is something more.

I've pondered on this for years. And here is my additional twist to karma (my thoughts only) ...

Perhaps it is also the life we've agreed to live:
no debits, no credits - just an agreement to live this life, to experience happiness and joy, grief and sadness, success and failure. sometimes even fame and fortune
to learn and to teach
 All of course for the betterment of all life, for soul growth.

This is the only way things make sense to me particularly when we see little children / babies go through difficult times like grave illnesses. Or when good people go through traumatic events or unimaginable grief. How can our generic definition of karma make sense?

Perhaps these are effects of previous lives, but perhaps it isn't that and they come to learn perhaps more to teach, to perhaps even change the course of history, or to bring about a social change, or to shake the roots of civilisation, to begin something new for mankind.

Here's my own quote on life:

Life is like a game of cards. You play the hand you're dealt the best you can. 

That hand of course could be the one we've pre agreed to play.

When the purpose of this life of mine is complete and I return to my home in the sky, I hope that I will have learned and experienced all that my soul set out to learn and experience. That I would have taught all that I hoped to teach. That all that I did was with kindness, in the betterment of the human race and with due consideration to Mother Nature. That I played the hand I was dealt the best I could.

Enjoy life. Learn and teach.  Help someone make a better life for themselves. Collect good karma.


Written for: A to Z Challenge and The Ultimate Blogging Challenge


Drop by my facebook page Suzy's Ilation and if any of your posts needs some tlc, leave a link there and I'll drop by and give it some love.



Warm Regards
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Karma - I believe in it a lot!!! It's an interesting thing!!

    ~S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I consider Karma a table. One never knows when it turns :D

    PhenoMeon
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2014/04/knives/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your quote and that is the best we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quote is good. good/ bad Karma surely is in our hands

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, whatever goes around comes around. So, we must strive to collect good karma, always!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting - and I tend to agree. I like your theory to explain the otherwise inexplicable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great and thoughtful post...karma is a good thing to keep on top of our mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too was going to write on Karma, so glad I didn't. You've said everything I could have come up with. You're going to make me lazy at this rate Suzy... :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, I've seen too many instances where Karma doesn't work - ie, bad people not getting their "just desserts" and good people suffering - to believe in it. We just do the best we can in life and hope for a good outcome. Just my opinion, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely believe in Karma. Sometimes it takes awhile but it works for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You brought up some thought provoking questions. It is always good to question what we believe so we can be sure of it.

    Carol @ Battered Hope

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karma comes back to haunt or reward us depending on how we have conducted our lives, I believe in Karma. Great post, Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am a big believer of karma!! hav experienced a lpt of things that made me believe finallly!

    http://swathishenoy.blogspot.com/
    a-z participant

    ReplyDelete
  14. I completely believe in what goes around comes around. That's one of the motto of my life. Don't want to mess with karma

    ReplyDelete
  15. I believe in the law of karma ! very well written, thanks for sharing suzy you write so well !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this. I'm a big believer in karma. Good job on K!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I believe in Karma too. What goes around does come around.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karma is a very interesting topic of discussion. Thanks for the post, Suzy.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection